An offer accounts for as much as 20% of a card’s response rate. This means that time must be spent to identify what offer would work best for your client’s demographics.
Following explains the anatomy of an offer:
- Shape: Traditional shape has value. Other variations should be explored and tested for effectiveness.
- A Headline: “FREE” or a “$100 off” grabs attention. Consider a standard headline, like “look Your Best,” to build desire.
- Fine Print: “Call for details. Offers cannot be combined.” etc. should be as clear as possible and as large as permissible. suggest 7-8pt font at minimum.
- Expiration Date (to build urgency): Should be prominent enough to facilitate action and scarcity.
- The Value of the Offer: Showing the retail value of the offer highlights the real value to the customer.
- Amount Saved. Listing the amount saved reinforces the value created in the offer.
“The right offer should be so attractive that only a lunatic would say ‘No.’ ”
— Claude Hopkins
“If you want to dramatically increase your results, dramatically improve your offer.”
— Axel Andersson
Is your offer the strongest one you can create to get a new customer?